I replaced a Cadet Heater Thermostat with a Honeywell Thermostat (Home Depot said it should work). There were only two wires to attach. I tried calling Honeywell to confirm the placement of the two wires but they had already closed. (It was 7:19pm PST Saturday. )I attached the red wire on the right and black wire on the far left.
8 hours after installation the Honeywell Thermostat caught fire. As the tenant attempted to remove the melting cover, she was electrocuted.
The origin of the fire seems to be at the black wire attachment.
I returned the device to Home Depot and received my money back.
I have attached photos of the defective thermostat.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Tenant was injured. Was Cadet heater not compatible? Should there be a list of heaters not compatible with Honeywell thermostats.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Honeywell Rth2300 Rth221 Series Thermostat
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I have been a Geico customer for five years and I have always been impressed with geico customer service until today.... something happen that made me ..."
- "I see there are others who have this same poor decal quality experience. My trailer is awesome on the inside but looks like trailer trash from the outside and is..."
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."