I replaced a Cadet Heater Thermostat with a Honeywell Thermostat (Home Depot said it should work). There were only two wires to attach. I tried calling Honeywell to confirm the placement of the two wires but they had already closed. (It was 7:19pm PST Saturday. )I attached the red wire on the right and black wire on the far left.
8 hours after installation the Honeywell Thermostat caught fire. As the tenant attempted to remove the melting cover, she was electrocuted.
The origin of the fire seems to be at the black wire attachment.
I returned the device to Home Depot and received my money back.
I have attached photos of the defective thermostat.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Tenant was injured. Was Cadet heater not compatible? Should there be a list of heaters not compatible with Honeywell thermostats.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Honeywell Rth2300 Rth221 Series Thermostat
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "maaco of Puyallup are two faced. Took my car in for a paint job, that turned out horrible. Paint cracked and there was overspray on my tires and wheels, even..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."