I replaced a Cadet Heater Thermostat with a Honeywell Thermostat (Home Depot said it should work). There were only two wires to attach. I tried calling Honeywell to confirm the placement of the two wires but they had already closed. (It was 7:19pm PST Saturday. )I attached the red wire on the right and black wire on the far left.

8 hours after installation the Honeywell Thermostat caught fire. As the tenant attempted to remove the melting cover, she was electrocuted.

The origin of the fire seems to be at the black wire attachment.

I returned the device to Home Depot and received my money back.

I have attached photos of the defective thermostat.

This reviewer shared experience about "tenant was injured. was cadet heater not compatible? should there be a list of heaters not compatible with honeywell thermostats." and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Honeywell and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Honeywell.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Honeywell to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Honeywell?

Comments